SlimPay allows each merchant to set up:
We accept direct debits in euros (EUR) only. We accept direct debits from all merchants operating in countries covered by SEPA’s judicial scope. View the SEPA and EPC country and territory map.
SlimPay systematically checks direct debits before they are sent to the banking clearing house.
- It checks that direct debit orders are valid (i.e. the validity of the account holder’s IBAN and the accessibility of the IBAN on banking references).
- It checks that a valid and active direct debit mandate exists.
- It carries out anti-fraud checks on the account holder’s IBAN and contact details.
- It carries out compliance checks on each merchant’s activity (e.g. the amount of the direct debit versus the maximum authorized amount)
Each direct debit is traced and logged on the SlimPay platform.
Why use SlimPay?
One-off direct debits
SlimPay will initiate direct debit orders using either a unique mandate reference (UMR) or a subscriber reference:
- by receiving and integrating an order file. The file is transferred using SFTP. This option is geared towards mass order setup. The supported formats are:
- CSV specific to SlimPay
- XML Pain008 by ISO 20022
- through REST API. This option is geared towards a one-time setup to manage one-off direct debits or the first direct debit during the application process.
- through the SlimPay Dashboard. This option is geared towards customers not looking to integrate our API but instead seeking a one-time setup or to manage one-off direct debits or the first direct debit during the application process.
When a direct debit order is set up, SlimPay generates the direct debit file in XML ISO20022 Pacs.003 banking format. The payment files are then sent on the banking clearing systems.
SlimPay users can issue payments in two ways:
- the payment file is issued upon receipt of the mass injection file at the earliest
- payments are issued while meeting the presentation deadlines and the clearing house’s customisable cut-off point at the latest
When the direct debit is issued, SlimPay can send an email notification to the account holder. This notification informs them of an upcoming due date (date/amount)
All direct debit orders are traced and logged on the SlimPay platform. Each direct debit order carries a unique number (End-to-End-id) to ensure end-to-end tracking. This number can be specified by:
- the merchant when setting up the direct debit.
- SlimPay in the following format: SDD-EXE-YYYYMMDD-HHMMSS. SlimPay guarantees that this number is unique.
Direct debit plans
SlimPay allows users to set up direct debit schedules for an individual subscriber:
- by receiving and integrating a schedule file. The file is transferred using SFTP. This option is geared towards mass schedule setup.
- through REST API. This option is geared towards a one-time setup.
- through the SlimPay Dashboard. This option is geared towards a one-time setup.
The following information is required to set up a schedule:
- the subscriber reference
- the amount
- the plan reference
- the first due date
- the number of direct debits
- the frequency: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Bi-Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-yearly, Yearly, Bi-yearly